Massage Therapist - 250HrsThis 250hr Massage Therapist Program consists of:
- 96-Hour Massage Therapy Fundamentals class.
- 32 hours of Anatomy (any Anatomy class offered at MTI).
- 122 hours of any of the elective classes which will bring your total hours to 250.
To register into this program you should fill out application for admission form, noting the date of the Massage Therapy Fundamentals class, that you wish to enroll in, and if you know which anatomy class you would like to attend, note this also. You can check anatomy class dates in the class schedule. If you already know which elective classes you would like to take you can also list them, or you can register at a later date. Students are welcome to schedule a meeting with the Director to discuss and schedule the elective classes that will best meet their needs.
Please note all paperwork must be completed before you attend your first class.
If you register for slightly more than 250 hours of classes, you may pay for the balance of hours (up to 10) at $10 per hour.)
Start Dates: You may begin your 250 hour program in several different ways. One place to start is with the Massage Therapy Fundamentals class. We offer this class four times a year. See current list on
Massage Therapy Fundamentals Page
OR you may begin with an Anatomy class. These classes are offered approximately every 2 months. These classes have no prerequisite.
OR you may begin with any elective class that has no prerequisite required such as acupressure, cranial sacral balancing, reiki etc.
Enrollment and paperwork for the 250 hr program must be completed before you attend your first class.
Note: Once you have completed your 250 hours, if you decide that you wish to take more classes to achieve 500 hours of training you may take the remaining hours as continuing education classes, either paying for each individual class or purchasing a packet of 125 hours.
To work as a Massage Therapist in California
You must complete your training at an approved school and also obtain a business license for the city or county you will be working in.
To obtain a business license you must
1. Be in compliace with any city or county ordinance applying to Massage Therapy;
2. Apply for certification through the California Massage Therapy Council (camtc.org, 500 hrs is required) and then take CAMTC paperwork to your city or county to apply for a business license without needing to comply with city or county massage ordinances.